A lot happens in one’s 20s and 30s – college, post-graduate studies, first jobs, dating, marriage, and children. At Trinity, we want you to know that, despite the chaos of these times, the church will be there as a community of those who “bear one another’s burdens.” (Galatians 6:2).
Our Young Adult Ministry seeks to empower persons between the ages of 22 and 35 to “Grow” as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ. We welcome these persons regardless of life stage to come and experience God’s grace in our prayerful, open, and worshiping community.
The heart of Young Adult Ministry is our Core Communities. These groups seek to study, pray, fellowship, and serve together. We recommend that you try each group in which you are interested at least twice in order to find out where God is calling you to be involved. See the information below to find out how you can get plugged into a Core Community at Trinity.
Sunday Morning (10AM)
- COLLEGE (The Haven): A Sunday Class for College and Graduate Students. Contact David Thompson for more info.
- GENESIS (Room 328): A new class for singles and marrieds in their 20’s and early 30’s. Contact Laura Ellis for more info.
- GAMOS (Room 320): Married couples in their 20s and early 30s with small children. Contact Carrie Carter for more info.
- AHAVA (Room 309): Married couples who have their first child or plan to soon. Contact Christopher Bailey for more info.
- RELEVANT (Room 330) A discussion-based class of young professionals, single or married, interested in exploring how our culture and faith can merge by intentional living. Contact Lauren Elliot for more info.
- Married 20s and 30s, with or without children – ASPIRE is a Small group meeting on Wednesday nights @ 5:45P.M. in Room 315. All couples are welcome! Dinner out to follow for those that can make it. Nursery support is available. The ASPIRE Small Group study will cover a variety of rotating topics, ranging from informal with no homework to those that truly challenge and stretch us. Drop-Ins welcome, no week of study is a prerequisite for the next, so let’s ASPIRE to do life together. Contact John Smola for more info.
- SOLE Pistos – The Tuesday night 30-somethings group will be studying Christianity’s Family Tree in October. This is a study by Adam Hamilton that looks at the different branches of Christianity (such as Catholic or Baptist), and what we can learn from each of them. Meet in the Small Dining Room (Oxmoor campus) for a complimentary meal with study time to follow. For more information, contact Daniel Franklin.
- Young Professionals, 20s — Tuesday night small group for those in their 20ʼs who are out of college and not married. Meet at the home of Mark & Lisa Elliott at 6:30 PM for a free home cooked dinner. Studies/mission projects begin at 7:10 PM. Contact Lisa Elliott for more info.
Young Adult Small Groups for Young Women & Men
- United Methodist Women Circle 3: These women are mostly in their 30’s with some 20’s mixed in and enjoy Christian Fellowship and missions programs. This circle meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 6:30. For more information, contact Louisa Jeffries at 941-9967.
- United Methodist Women Circle 4: This is Trinity’s newest and youngest circle. These women are mostly in their early-30’s and have a strong focus on Bible study and mission projects. This circle meets on the First Tuesday of every month at 6:30. For more information, contact Carrie Carter at 943-6633.
- Trinity Men: Find out more about Trinity’s ministry for men here.