Senior Adults at Trinity are now known as “Seasoned Adults” and are covered with love under our “umbrella group”— SALT (Seasoned Adults Loving and Trusting)! The SALT Ministry consists of two rather large groups—Baby Boomers, those born between 1946 and 1964, and Movers and Shakers, those born prior to 1946. It is our desire to provide activities that will meet the needs of those in both groups. Our vision for our Seasoned Adult Ministry is to provide a positive atmosphere that is conducive to maintaining sound minds, healthy bodies and spirit-filled souls during the second halves of our lives. To accomplish this goal, various activities are provided through our SALT Ministry:
Join us for our Baby Boomer Fall Speaker Series!
Wednesdays, 6-7 PM, Room 219
6 Independent Sessions. No Registration Required. No Cost.
8/23 – Stress Management and the Baby Boomer
Led by Lynne Rogers
8/30 – Can I Ever Afford to Retire?
Led by Patrick Long
9/6 – Baby Boomers and Modern Technology
Led by Suzan Brandt
9/13 – Travel Hints for Baby Boomers
Led by Dawn Wolfe
9/20 – Food Trends and Healthy Eating for Boomers
Led by Chef Bert Lindberg
9/27 – What’s So Good About Growing Old?
Led by Donna Roose
- Mahjong – Mondays 12:30 PM-3:30 PM in Small Parlor on 1st floor
- Tuesday Lunches – 11:00 AM, $5.00 meal in Fellowship Hall (Except 4th Tuesdays when it is $6.00 to eat at Movers & Shakers Meetings beginning at 11:30 AM in Fellowship Hall)
- Bridge – Tuesdays & Thursdays 9:00 AM-2:00 PM, Women, Men and Mixed Groups—various rooms on 1st floor
- Pool – Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:30 AM-11:00 AM in the Game Room on 1st floor
- Canasta – Thursdays 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM in Small Parlor on 1st Floor
- China Painters – Wednesdays 9:00 AM-12:00 PM in Craft Room on 1st floor
- Trinity Studio – Pottery, Painting, Any Kind of Art!, Mon. & Wed. 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM and Tues., Thurs. & Fri. 9:00 AM—12:00 Noon, Craft Room on 1st floor
- TEMPO Fitness Exercise Classes – For Active Seasoned Adults, Tues., Thurs. & Fri. 8:00 AM-9:00 AM in Fellowship Hall Taught by Suanne Ferguson
- Trinity Singers – Tuesdays 10:00 AM-11:00 AM Led by Frances Peterson in Music Suite on 1st floor
- Movers & Shakers Meetings – Meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 11:30 AM-1:00 PM in Fellowship Hall, Consists of food ($6.00 for lunch prepared by our chef), fellowship and entertainment. RESERVATIONS REQUIRED!
- Lunch Bunch & Day Trips – Once a month, consists of a day trip to an area of interest and lunch, trips may be local or within a few hours’ drive
- BINGO – Meets once a month at the Oakmont Campus, 11:30 AM-1:00 PM (USUALLY on the 1st Wednesday of each month), Consists of lunch and an hour of BINGO with prizes! Lots of fun!
- Movie Madness – Meets once a month at the Oakmont Campus, 12:30 PM-3:00 PM, bring a snack to share and enjoy fellowship and a movie
- Service for the Season – Meets every other month (even numbered months) 10:00 AM—11:30 AM on Thursdays in Small Dining Room on 1st floor, Meet to do small jobs to help the Trinity Staff (from both campuses) complete their never ending lists of things to do!
- Seasoned Adult Council Meetings – Meets every other month (odd numbered months), 10:00 AM-12:00 Noon in Small Dining Room on 1st floor, Open to anyone interested in the SALT Ministry, consists of discussions and planning of upcoming events, things we need to accomplish and new and creative ideas for the ministry
- Trinity Travelers – One large trip is planned each year
- Special Speakers